CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER for Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners
As a Statutory Harbour Authority Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners are responsible for preserving the Trust Port of Whitehaven and operating a diverse range of commercial activities in the town.
We are searching for an experienced leader to join the Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners (WHC) as Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO is accountable to the Board for day to day management of the Harbour and associated business activities of WHC which comprise a number of carparks, an educational visitor attraction and retail outlets. The post Covid-19 world presents many challenges and will demand a range of diverse skills including strong leadership, a focus on results and an ability to innovate and grow the business.Key responsibilities
- Lead, encourage, develop and motivate the management team and workforce to deliver agreed business objectives within budget.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of employees, contractors and the public through the implementation of strategy and policies to meet statutory requirements.
- Operate within a framework comprising: Health, Safety and Environmental legislation; Ports Good Governance Guidance; the Port Marine Safety Code; the Harbour’s Revision Orders and other requirements set by the Board and Department for Transport.
- Maintain Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners’ assets in good order and seek to maximise income from all business areas.
- Develop and grow relevant commercial activities to increase revenue and achieve financial stability.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including the Local Authority, relevant Government Departments, the local business community, media and customers.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy to raise the profile of Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners, their activities and responsibilities.
- Represent the organisation at key industry events to ensure the needs of Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners are recognised and reflected in Government policy.
- A dynamic and experienced leader with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage effectively with the workforce and all stakeholders.
- Personal and professional credibility that promotes and enhances the organisation’s reputation locally, regionally and nationally.
- Strong analytical skills with a comprehensive understanding of financial planning in a diverse business environment.
- An entrepreneurial ability to drive organisational strategy and innovation.
- Skilled in building and maintaining effective relationships at all levels with customers and a broad range of stakeholders.
- A collaborative and inclusive management style that inspires and motivates staff to deliver business objectives.
The successful candidate is likely to be educated to degree level or have equivalent professional qualifications and experience, with a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership. A background of operating in the marine environment with an understanding of Trust Ports would be an advantage but not essential.Salary
A starting salary of up to £50,000 p.a. depending on qualifications and experience.FURTHER INFORMATION
Applications are invited in writing with a full CV to the Chair of the Commissionersmadonna.email@example.com
Further information is available from the Chair of Commissioners on 01946 590515. Applications close on Friday 30 October 2020.